Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Fresh Coat

Saviour Onassis has posted photos of his bathroom, which he recently painted ultra white. When I talked to him on the phone Sunday afternoon, he was busy painting his kitchen cupboards some shade of black--I don't know if it was ultra black or just black. In any event, we had to sing the chorus of that Stones' song--you know, the one that goes, "I see a red door and I want to paint it black...."

Yeah, yeah.

Anyway, I did some painting myself last weekend: my toenails. Saturday afternoon it was FINALLY warm enough that I could strip off my socks and give my toenails a fresh coat of polish.

I admit I get very lax about pedicures in the winter: it's just too cold to be barefoot long enough for the polish to dry. Plus I like to see how long it takes for the very last bit of polish to come off on its own. Because the last pedicure I gave myself last fall involved this industrial strength black polish with bits of glitter in it, it never did wear all the way off by itself: I had to use nail polish remover to get the last persistent bit before I painted the nails up again on Saturday.

I chose a nice spring color, a pale frosted green the manufacturer calls "grass stain." My toes look great, and if I were any less lazy, I'd post a photo of them. They won't be seeing much sandal action, unfortunately, because the weather has chilled down again and I'm back to wearing socks.

11 Comments:

Blogger Dale said...

You really need to figure out that camera. Oh, the lost opportoenities.

6:01 PM  
Blogger bluestocking said...

Oh, the lost opportoenities.

Dale, that pun is just toe, toe much.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Saviour Onassis said...

As we discussed, painting things black is way, way, way more fun than painting things white.

I shy away from green toenail polish, but on girls like you and Sally Bowles...it is fabulous.

10:46 PM  
Blogger bluestocking said...

Thanks for the comparison to Sally, SO. She is not my guru in many things, but I would take her advice on style.

p.s. My magic letter combo is kpkbuik--is that a lost car model? the Buick KPK?

7:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Seriously? The color is called "grass stain?" I don't want to imagine what other colors might be in their line.

I mean, I'm sure it looks great on you...

9:01 AM  
Blogger bluestocking said...

the color is called "grass stain," really and truly. And even though you said you didn't want to think about their colors, some are:

tragedy (dark blue)
storm (dark purple)
vegas (gold)
zombie (really dark purple)

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Bored, how the hell did I just now figure out that this blog exists? Where the hell have I been?

btw, I have a really awesome jpg you might want for your blogger profile. It's of a certain 50's pin up girl, not that there's any shortage of pics of her, but this one would be perfect for you, cause she's writing in her little journal-poo.

e-mail me and let me know if you want it, I'll send it.

11:22 PM  
Blogger bluestocking said...

I keep this blog on the DL, for whatever reason--I can't quite explain the logic, but there are times when I start to write something and I just know it belongs on this blog and not my daily blog.

But I'm glad you've found it.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Dale said...

I think I need at least a second b-l-o-g myself sometimes. Some things here, some things there, I like to compartmentalize a little. Nothing toe outrageous however, har har.

2:04 PM  
Blogger bluestocking said...

If you write more than one blog, Dale, I'll read them all.

Reese has more than one blg; SO has more than one blog; I have more than one blog. Like the saying goes, if you blog it, they will come.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

For the record, this blog of yours is now known to me as Tell Me Something Dangerous And True.

I hear that everytime I click on it to wise up on more of your musings.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home