Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Sometimes Technology Really Does Make Everyone's Life Easier

I recently called a good friend of mine. When her partner answered the phone, I asked to speak to my friend. Her partner then said, not all that politely, "She's unavailable. Who's calling?"

And of course I didn't want to antagonize anyone, so I very politely identified myself and explained why I was calling. And as this partner knew me slightly, he was somewhat mollified, and said he'd pass on a message that I'd called.

But what I wanted to say was, "Just fucking get fucking caller ID and then when the fucking phone rings you'll fucking know who's fucking calling and won't have to fucking ask like a fucking fuckwit, so fucking there, you fucking fuck."

Maybe next time, if the message isn't urgent, I will.

6 Comments:

Blogger Dale said...

And while saying that, you might want to wear this

4:19 PM  
Blogger bluestocking said...

Exactly.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

I saw those t-shirts all over NYC in souvenir shops. I guess they're supposed to represent the real NYC?

My actual favourite was one with a revolver on it that said Duck Motherfucker. But that's a different post I'm sure.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

for emphasis, you might consider dropping the f-bomb. Just a suggestion.

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry the guy was a dick to you. I am all for technology to keep people from being fuck wads to others. Loved the post, the definition of fuckwit, and the comments. Fucking funny.

2:33 AM  
Blogger bluestocking said...

Loved the post, the definition of fuckwit, and the comments.

Thanks for stopping by, Carm. I'm glad you liked the post etc--I admit I love the definition of fuckwit--I link to it every chance I get.

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home