Monday, January 22, 2007

Three--Make that Four--Good Things

Revena at First-Person Narrator recently began taking some advice her mother gave her--her mother said she'd read some study that suggested that people who think of three good things about themselves each night before going to bed have better mental health and self-esteem or some such thing. (I'm paraphrasing Revena here--she too was a little fuzzy on the details--the important thing is the exercise itself.) Anyway, Revena tried it, so I'm trying it too. I figure I might as well, especially since I haven't done a damn thing with this blog in MONTHS.

So. Here are the good things I thought about myself in relation to yesterday, just before I went to bed.

1. I exercised, thoroughly. Not only did I bundle up and go for a vigorous long walk even though it was 25 F out, I did yoga for an hour, including some poses I hate and find really hard.
2. I didn't eat ANY chocolate. (I ate caramels instead. But still, most days, I eat SOME chocolate.)
3. I got all my prep work for the coming week finished before 3 p.m. on Sunday.
4. I wrote a poem last night--a serious one I think might be good enough to send out.

OK, that's four things. But yesterday was a productive day so I'm going to go with four while I've got them, to make up for some day when I can only think of two.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hello from Julia said...

I'm looking around to see if anyone else is doing Three Good Things. I like your site, especially the grammar bits. Come check out my Three Good Things blog, which has a click to that study. It's been a really fun exercise. Your feedback (style, linguistics) is welcome. Cheers, - Julia.

10:03 AM  
Blogger spike said...

That sounds like a very good day. By the way, if the day comes when you can't make your quota of three good things, let me know and I'll top you up.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

Nice idea, maybe I'll try that. Or maybe I'll just keep drinking and crying myself to sleep? Okay, I made that part up. About the crying.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home