Monday, January 29, 2007

Hauling out the Big Guns

Every time I take an on-line quiz, I ask myself, "Why do I take on-line quizzes?" If there were a quiz that could tell me that, I'd be truly grateful.

I just took the book quiz, which I found through The Passion of the Dale (indeed, PotD has helped me find so much) and it informed me that




You're The Guns of August!

by Barbara Tuchman

Though you're interested in war, what you really want to know is what causes war. You're out to expose imperialism, militarism, and nationalism for what they really are. Nevertheless, you're always living in the past and have a hard time dealing with what's going on today. You're also far more focused on Europe than anywhere else in the world. A fitting motto for you might be "Guns do kill, but so can diplomats."

Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.


Now, I actually really like The Guns of August, I think it's a fabulous book. But I don't know how, after asking me only half a dozen questions, they'd arrive at the opinion that out of all the books ever written, this is the one that most aptly summarizes my personality.

Wankers.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Oh, online quizzes. Completely lame and completely addicting (addictive? Is that the same? No idea. Whatever).

7:26 AM  
Blogger C. L. Hanson said...

It gave me "Prufrock and Other Observations!" by T.S. Eliot. It's a little annoying since I've never read this book (or anything else by T.S. Eliot), so I can't tell if it's a good choice...

I can't figure out why I keep taking these crazy quizzes either... ;-)

9:11 AM  
Blogger spike said...

I had taken this quiz a few years ago and I was The Guns of August then. My life circumstances have changed quite a bit so I decided to take it again. Guess what? I'm The Guns of August. Funny, I had always fancied myself more of a Capital Volume 1 kind of guy, or maybe a Code of the Woosters. Maybe I'm just a wannabe feckless polymath.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Dale said...

I consider my book to yet be written but I liked most of what came up on mine with the monkeys and such.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Reese said...

I liked that quiz, but it seemed too short. I like the ones that take at least a half an hour.

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home